Refugee and Asylum Services in Auckland
Asylum Seekers Support Trust (ASST)
- collects donated linen, blankets, heaters, kitchen utensils and furniture which is available for asylum seekers
- provides small short-term loans for asylum seekers in Auckland for immigration, accommodation and transport
- takes asylum seekers on trips every Tuesday (to the beach, museum, walks, fishing etc.), hosts a weekly dinner and sometimes runs weekend trips
- helps asylum seekers in Auckland fill out Immigration and Work and Income forms
Refugees As Survivors NZ (RASNZ)
- offers free, culturally-sensitive mental health and wellbeing services for people from refugee backgrounds
- provides psychological assessment and therapeutic interventions, body therapy, community programmes, and tailored support for young people
- makes these services available to asylum seekers too.
Rainbow Organisations We Work With
- provides support and referral services, drop-in centres, peer-support groups and resources for queer and gender diverse youth (up to the age of 27) and their whānau across Aotearoa.
- RainbowYOUTH provides Rainbow Path with a venue for our meetings and is our fiscal sponsor for grants – thank you for this support!
Gender Minorities Aotearoa (GMA)
- is run by transgender people and provides information about gender-affirming healthcare and changing ID documents, a free binder project, access to free facial IPL, a drop-in centre and shop, a database of community support services around the country, and an online peer-support group, based on a kaupapa Maori approach.
OUTline NZ – LGBTQI+ phone line
OUTline is a national service that helps Rainbow people of all ages in New Zealand. They provide:
- A confidential, free, affirming phoneline staffed by trained volunteers from the Rainbow community. This is available every night from 6-9pm at 0800 688 5463 (0800 OUTLINE) and callers can also leave voicemails out of hours requesting a callback.
- Face-to-face and video specialist counselling. Sessions usually cost $80-120, but there are also sometimes subsidised/free sessions available, and OUTLine can also help with figuring out funding.
- Transgender peer support and groups for people over 28 (see RainbowYOUTH for 27 and under) in Auckland
- is a group founded by and run for people with HIV, that provides peer-support, education and referral services for all people living with HIV in New Zealand.
ITANZ – Intersex Awareness NZ
- provides information, education and training for organisations and professionals who provide services to intersex people and their families.